Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
Here at Ellesmere Primary School we have two Forest School Woodland areas. All children have the opportunity to participate in Forest School sessions as part of our curriculum.
Principles of Forest School
- Forest School is a long-term process of regular sessions, rather than a one-off or infrequent visits; the cycle of planning, observation, adaptation and review links each session.
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for being, development and learning.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice
Forest School Kit List
|Waterproof Coat and Trousers|
Please note in warmer weather children may not need waterproofs but must wear long sleeve tops and trousers to avoid bites and scratches. Children will also need sun cream and sun hats.