Job Title: Casual Cleaner
Hours: Between 10 – 12.5 hours per week to be carried out between the hours of 6am – 8.30am OR 3.15pm – 6pm
Grade 2: £9.18 per hour
To provide efficient and effective cleaning support to Ellesmere Primary School, including ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and surroundings are maintained in accordance with the required standards. Required on casual working arrangements as and when needed to cover staff absence.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification and safe working procedures.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- Using electronically powered scrubbing / polishing / vacuuming machines to scrub, polish, spray and clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks
- Using chemical agents as directed by the Site Manager in the discharge of cleaning operation or maintenance procedures (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- Undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the Site Manager of low stock levels (eg. cleaning products)
- Carry out routine administrative tasks required from time to time eg. checking off cleaning tasks on daily cleaning specification sheets
- Operate relevant equipment safely
- Maintain tidy and organised work spaces and storage areas
- Check equipment / machinery used and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters
Any other duties that would reasonably be expected of the post holder as directed by the Headteacher.
Ellesmere Application Form (word)
Ellesmere Application Form (PDF)